Getting Cloud Ready
Product Engineering / Application Modernization
Need for Application Modernization
- Technology has changed with no support for old frameworks
- New features need to be implemented that cannot be built into a legacy app
- Scalability issues
- The legacy app is not cloud ready, or does not take advantage of cloud technologies
- No integration gateways, the user interface is old and does not match present standards
- Skills required for maintaining the legacy app are unavailable
- Businesses evolve, and changes cannot be reflected due to legacy code limitations
- Outdated Architecture
- Heavy cost of maintenance compared to latest apps
- Lack of standardization and mismatch with other ecosystem products offered by vendors
- Radical improvements in accessibility that mobility has brought in
- Making development person independent unlike traditional development
What does modernization entail?
App modernization can create several opportunities for SaaS and Enterprise businesses with their competitive landscape.
- Legacy applications need changes in platform and a complete redesign of the framework to take advantage of cloud technologies
- Modern apps are deployed in containers or various PaaS services provided cloud platforms
- Your legacy apps monolith codebase can be distributed and deployed in a microservices enabled infrastructure for better maintainability and scalability
Legacy app modernization strategy using ASP.NET ZERO and ABP.IO
- WAi Technologies conducts a thorough assessment of your legacy apps
- We analyze existing application characteristics and identify proven components that the customer wants to retain in the modernized application
- We also consider the new features required in the modernized application and prepare a matrix consisting of following categories:
- Built features
- Features achieved with some configuration
- Custom coded features
- Legacy App Modernization takes advantage of DevOps processes including CI / CD
INREACH: How we simplified Business Processes through Playbooks?
Have you come across a situation where you are working on repetitive tasks and process documents are scattered? In this age of Digital Transformation, we not only need to make a centralized eco-system where SOPs can be stored and be easily accessed, but where one can assign, monitor, and track task completion.